Tuesday, January 5, 2016

40 things I know about myself as I approach my 40th birthday

1. I'm a doer.
2. I'm a visual learner.
3. I like swimming.
4. I'm glad I have/had big breasts.
5. I'm done with my breasts.
6. I was meant to be a mom.
7. I like accomplishing things fast.
8. I do not like running/racing fast.
9. The best decision I have made was to marry my best friend.
10. I don't honor myself.
11. I'm a nerd.
12. I really like learning new things.
13. I love scuba diving.
14. I honestly like helping people.
15. There is nothing I wouldn't do for my family.
16. I am not organized.
17. I like attention.
18. I have a love/hate relationship with music and my voice.
19. I do not spend time or energy on trying to understand what other people think of me.
20. Therefore, I have no idea what I look like to other people.
21. I do not know how to dress myself.
22. I value comfort over formality.
23. I never wanted to be a rock star.
24. I did want to be a Broadway star.
25. I always have many goals.
26. I am self-disciplined in most areas.
27. Friendship motivates me.
28. I could travel often and be happy. I am a gypsy at heart.
29. I was raised on science fiction.
30. Organized religion grounds me.
31. I think that water is a cure-all. Drinking it, hearing it, seeing it, living near it, feeling it.
32. I want my ashes spread on a certain rock in Kauai overlooking the ocean.
33. I want my children to live full lives.
34. I'm worth more than I ever got paid to do a job.
35. I change my job/career path with my location.
36. I have a pretty low blood pressure, which keeps me even.
37. I have a hot temper I am always working on controlling. I have done a better job of this since I had kids.
38. I don't really like reading. I like good stories, but I do not covet sitting down to read a book.
39. Put on good music and I can do anything.
40. I will always dance at the party.

1 comment:

  1. Just saw this for the first time. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...