Friday, November 21, 2014

What exactly is the [one-hundred-and-forty] point [six]?

Oh, Lordy. Here we go again, y'all.

Y'all? Hello-O-o!

Ya still with me?

I know, I know, I'm a spazz. I write ten posts in a row, then one a month...

Give mama a little slack, you know you've been busy too!

With what, exactly, I couldn't tell ya. The time just...goes!

I think that if you have ever been unemployed, in a similar mommy situation, where you actually do have time to yourself during the day, you will find, like, me, that you give your time away. You commit to school, and to the kids' schedules, and to the hubby's needs, and extended family members and neighbors and charities until you realize...wait a sec...

WHO'S GONNA DO THE FREAKIN' DISHES!? 

So anywho, I need a anchor. I have been submitting my 'normal person' resume out and interviewing here and there; I have been running here and there; and I have been sewing here and there. But I really need another meaningful project, to harken back to my year-long pursuit, to buckle me down and focus.

So, that combined with the facts that:

  • hubby is tired of hearing me talk about the pros and cons
  • a new race has open registration slots within only two hours driving distance
  • I have no more excuses
  • I had promised myself, at one point, to do this before I turned 40
  • I am not yet 40
  • life goes more smoothly for everyone when mama has a goal race
  • it's there
I SIGNED UP FOR IRONMAN MARYLAND 
OCTOBER 3, 2015. 


There. I said it. 

Why am I saying it now??

Well, I just did signed up for it. I was gonna wait to announce it after the start of the New Year when I would actually start to plan my training, but I already can't stop thinking about that. And there aren't a whole helluva lot of people holding their breath waiting for the announcement, anyways. 

And today I hit the Philadelphia Marathon Expo [so pissed I didn't train for the full now], realized I didn't train well for the half, but I have to get my butt in gear to start this new year of training off well. So I want to make myself accountable for that. So I had to tell you.

What's going to be different this time: 
  • I have to run a marathon this Spring
  • I have to ride a century late Spring/early summer
  • I need to get a coach/community [I have notified my inner circle support 'team']
  • I need to get a plan and STICK TO IT
  • I will be training a sherpa [hubby thinks it's him, doesn't know he's on a probationary trial period.]
That's all for now.


-Gulp-

[Help!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...