Thursday, August 21, 2014

Dress fever!

Well as you know I was quite funky last month but now there is a flurry of activity as we prepare for the start of school, two last little summer visits, and I get ready for our semi annual Moms of Multiples Exchange Sale. I've got a lot to sell this time around-big stuff and clothes now that my daughter, at the ripe old age of 5 1/2, can safely admit she won't wear the 2Ts/3Ts anymore.

The kids were helping me wash up the outdoor toys this past week
Mommy camp round three is in full effect and thus my latest excuse for not blogging more.

Taking advantage of some last chance pool days!!
I also happened to have a job interview, but that's another story for another day.

Also the fact that it is my TENTH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! WOO HOO! But again, perhaps I'll post more about it later.

My main purpose today is to share my new love of making my daughter dresses. I am finally learning to read! Patterns that is! And I am starting to recall that, although I taught myself quilting, I did start with some magazine quilt patterns here and there to teach me new techniques that I could then incorporate into my own designs. So, true to fashion (hyuk hyuk), I can never quite follow the patterns down to the tiniest detail, but rather, always end with my own little flair. I think I should get started on the book Beginning Dressmaking for Quilters because everything I know from sewing, is geared towards quilts, and let's start with the seam allowances....WHYYYYY is it 5/8" for clothes and 1/4" for quilts?? 'Splain, plz.

[Pictured from left is parts of See & Sew B5443, The Penny Dress, and on the right Simplicity S0613]

So, get ready, blogsophere! I might be participating in a few kids' clothing sewing shares/linkup parties soon...I've got the serger up and running again! Nothing's gonna stop me...

That is, unless I sign up for another race or something stupid like that...

Or finish one of the five quilts I have started over the last year...

But honestly, I'm really excited to continue more meaningful projects, and, as my mantra up in my new sewing area states, to make:
This must be why I have a new "Frozen" section in my cubby-holes. The little girl wants an Elsa costume, alas...even though everybody and their grandmother made one last year...I must learn...

So I've added categories to my idea board: Dresses - House Decor - Quilts. 

So there. It's in writing. So it will get done. Someday. 

In the meantime I will go ahead and spoil my daughter rotten...




Oh, ok, the boy too...

Am feeling like redeeming myself on boy clothes again after my last debacle...
And myself (I learned it from my mom)...
#trouble #itsgenetic #fabriholics
And my sewing space might as well get a little bling, too...
#superheroesforgirls #yardsalesmakemehappy
What's new with you? Any new endeavor firing you up??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...