Thursday, April 24, 2014

They'll have to agree I have confidence in me #funforFriday

Let's be honest...

I knew when I kept talking about a certain musical part I was coveting in town, that I was setting myself up for a fall.

I guess...

I'd rather be disappointed than to not have dreamed. 

When you stop setting goals for yourself, even if you're 90 years old and your goal is to make it to the toilet without peeing yourself, you stop living.

I'm always working on myself.

I'm never quite good enough. (which is a whole 'nother issue right there, but I digress.)

Most of my efforts go towards lofty goals I may or may not achieve in my lifetime. Some of them even stem from my childhood. Some of them were born a week ago.

I just think it's important to grow and change and strive rather than to be complacent and lazy.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't also stop and smell the tulips...


(Actually I like tulips the most because they don't smell.)

But yes, we need to appreciate the things we have accomplished...

For instance, a healthy marriage...

Two healthy monkeys...

And some relationships in my life for which I am very thankful.

But that acting part...well let's just say it's not over over, but I heard calls/contracts have been made.

Mama sure would like a call, y'all.

But I'll just be keeping my fingers crossed over a beer on my new patio here.


Yes one year, twelve snowstorms, four new contractor estimates and two new z-wave switches later (more on that technology in a future post), the lights have finally been installed!!

How 'bout that?

[better patio photos to come, I promise...let the lights get finished first, lol!]

Happy Friday! 

How about you? 
You got confidence in something specific today?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...