Monday, February 17, 2014

One [snow] day more


To the Tune of Les Miserables' "One Day More" #forthemoms

[PARENT]
One day more!
Another snow, another cancelled day.
This never-ending road to Insanity;
I do not even know this child
Who's from The Call of the Wild
One day more!

[CHILD]
Another snow day's come to be.
My snow suit's warm when I have farted.

[PARENT]
One day more.

[TWYNS]
Tomorrow there'll be snow to play!
Thank God for you, my world has started!

[PARENT]
One more day all on my own.

[TWYNS]
What if it never snows again?

[PARENT]
One more day with schools not caring.

[TWYNS]
We were born to play with snow.

[PARENT]
What a life I used to know.

[TWYNS]
And I'll swear, cry, and I'll scream!

[PARENT]
A life I'll never see again!

[NEWSCASTER]
One more day before the storm!

[PARENT]
Do I follow what he says?

[NEWSCASTER]
We must barricade and panic.

[PARENT]
Shall all mothers beware?

[NEWSCASTER]
Let me warn you: STAY AT HOME.

[PARENT]
Do I stay; or do I dare?

[NEWSCASTER]
Will you be my next top story?

[ALL]
The time is now, the day is here

[TWYNS]
One day more!

[PARENT]
One day more to revolution,
We will nip it in the bud!
We'll be ready for these schoolkids,
They will wet themselves with blood!

[TWYNS]
More snow more!

[THE TEACHERS]
Watch 'em run amuck,
Catch 'em as they fall,
Never know your luck
When there's a free for all,
Here's a little tip
Check out Pinterest
Most of you are goners
So forget a rest!

[Students (2 Groups)]
[1:] One day more for sledding

[2:] Raise the flag of freedom high!

[1:] Every kid will be a king

[2:] Every kid will be a king

[1:] There's a new snow drift to climb in

[2:] There's a new world to be won

[ALL]
Do you hear the mothers scream?

[CO-PARENT STRANDED AT HOME]
My place is here, I fight with you!

[PARENT]
One day more!

[TWYNS]
I know that I was born to play.

[PARENTS]
One more day all on our own!

[CHILD]
My snow suit's warm when I have farted.

[PARENT (overlapping)]
Power crews are my new heroes
I will follow where they plow
They can know my little secret
My kids must watch more TV shows.

[PARENT]
One day more!

[TWYNS]
Tomorrow there'll be snow to play

[PARENT]
What a life I used to know!

[TWYNS]
And yet with snow my world has started

[PARENT]
One more day to revolution
We will nip it in the bud
We'll be ready for these schoolkids

[THE TEACHERS (overlapping)]
Watch 'em run amok
Catch 'em as they fall
Never know your luck
When there's a free-for-all!

[PARENT]
Tomorrow if the school's delayed,
Tomorrow is my judgement day

[ALL]
Tomorrow we'll discover
What our God in Heaven has in store!
One more dawn
One more day
One [f#$**n snow] day more!



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...