Wednesday, February 19, 2014

New Years resolutions update: The Good, The Bad and The Meh


# of social workouts: 0 out of 52 [although I have worked out a bit]

Someone has asked me to do Broad Street Run, so of course I said yes, and that will help to boost my numbers. Still sticking with not signing up for any races alone. That has been a really helpful rule for me. The Winter months I get down and want to sign up for something to help me look forward to Spring and Summer and motivate my workouts; but then I remember how alone I felt in all of my training and races last summer so I don't want to do that again. The races I do with friends are my favorites. 

# of times I've said no to something: 3 out of 14

This has been another great rule. So far two of them have been auditions. So I don't know what that says...I actually signed up for the "Greater Philly General Auditions", which is an opportunity to audition for about 60 local theatres all at once, and I got a call that I would be on the Standby list. This really pissed me off, because I know I called on the first day possible. So I feel like the 'universe is telling me something' (even though the universe is never telling anyone anything), and I did not call back to be put on the Standby list. I've done that large audition process twice already and got ne'ery a bite. So I was feeling confident in my decision. I have many meaningful projects on which to focus, not the least of which, my twyns. But then I got an audition notice that basically stated all of the Walnut Street Theatre's season auditions for musicals were being satisfied by the Greater Philly Auditions. BLAM. SPLAT. WAH. I do still want to be considered for Walnut's season, which includes my latest goal-role-obsession: 9 to 5. But I have already submitted materials to the Casting Director for that specific show and he kinda knows I'm out here in the 'burbs, waiting to break out the high notes. So, just, no. I may be occupied with the musical I'm writing in September, anyways. 

But it is hard to say no. No to one's own desires, in this case, not "no" to other people. And my desires are plenty. So I must squash them like bugs.

Requisite coffee pic
# of songs ready for print in musical score: 0 of 5

Yeah, see, I knew this sh** was coming back around! The book writer called me and we are applying for a grant so we have an internal deadline of March 5th. And it wouldn't be so bad, fleshing out the score; but I need to put together a demo recording, too. Of at least 3 of the songs. So that's why I'm here, blogging, right now, because, you know, once you turn the computer on and open up Sibelius, Blogger automatically opens up too.

# of charity quilts started: 1 of 3

Not looking like I've gotten much done, but let me also add:

# of school (aka kid-free) days in Feb: 1 of 10

[Actually today is #2 of 11.] But, coincidence? Nope!

Might be putting the ETSY shop on vacay mode in March to help with this one. It is calling to me; the quilting, and I'm feeling more confident in my ability to finish them more professionally than ever, so I know I will get to them as soon as the opportunity arises.

So that's the latest edition of "I suck!", and now that I've gotten that out of my brain, I have hopefully cleared some space to create a kick ass score...THANKS LOVELIES!

How about you? How are those New Years Resolutions stacking up, just seven weeks in??

2 comments:

  1. aw. I dont think you suck! Sounds like things are going along just fine to me. Cant be perfect all the time. Wouldn't be fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are doing better than you give yourself credit for! We are only 2 months into the year- progress is progress!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...