Monday, January 13, 2014

12 months of Christmas projects: Upcycle those Holiday cards!

One of my regrets about this past - well every - Christmas season is that I didn't get inspired early enough to start all the homemade gifts & projects I would have liked to complete.

Plus, my ETSY shop picks up right at the time my Christmas gift-making would.

So, this year I'm going to try something different: plan a Christmas project for every month to get myself thinking about it ahead of time and to organize my home projects [remember my New Years resolution is to also get organized, so this helps keep me on target, as I go to look for things and things aren't there, but they are, in fact, everywhere, and well I digress...]

Some of the plans are to include:
  • Stocking project (I completed four this past season but had no time to blog about them)
  • A Christmas purse (a friend had one from 31 that I just thought that is a cute gift because no one needs one but no one would mind having one)
  • My red & white quilt (my quilting bee has just finished their contribution of blocks and I really owe them to finish a project they contribute to!)
  • Some puffs! (wouldn't it be fun to have some around the house, and especially around Christmas-time when you need extra seating for family around the tree.)
Today I just wanted to get you to NOT THROW OUT YOUR CHRISTMAS CARDS BEFORE READING THIS TUTORIAL BROWSING THROUGH THESE PICS! 

Because it's that easy. You could do this while watching TV at night when you are sick of looking at Christmas.

You will need: scissors, your old Christmas cards, and a hole punch. That's it!
You ready? Cut out images from the (non-written-on) sides of cards that organize nicely into shapes. Then put a hole in each.
Some images are already prime for the picking! Could even use them for scrap-booking.
In my pre-kid days I made this box to keep them in. It's still half-full from those days! Guess I don't buy enough presents!
Oh? Those photo cards? Extra bonus points if you regularly exchange gifts with them and use their pics! How easy would that be to sort?? Better yet, use their pets as cute gift tags! Hello!
If you like it then you stringa lil' ribbon on it! 


You know you want to PIN this. 

Happy Monday!! 

What's your project for the week? 
What project did you miss doing this past Holiday season that I should be focusing on too!?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...