Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The vault

We had a friend in college who was everyone's confessor. He was a transfer student, thus, a little late to the circle, and thus, the perfect 'outsider' to confess all your secrets to. He would joke with us about it all, and refer to himself as "the vault."

He happened to be a huge Seinfeld fan, so yes, I realize this is the origin.

One night we got our friend drunk and tried to hack into the vault.

He passed out before we got to the goods.

So why am I telling you this?

Oh, because lately, I feel like the vault.

I'm scared sh**less of my race on Sunday, but don't want to talk about it anymore.

I've got some drama between some people I love, and some other drama between other people I love, and it just makes my heart hurt and my stomach sick. But I can't talk about any of that.

One good thing is coming up! But I can't talk about that either. Well, it will involve music, and me taking a trip, but I have to keep it on the down low in case:
  • I completely fail
  • I get fired before I actually fail
  • the whole project gets re-directed
  • the whole project gets serious & needs to be kept private until debut'd
So for now I'll just be like every other mom in the blog-iverse and post pics of my kids on their first day of (pre-)school:



Want to tell my kids, as they prepare for their educational lives [and life in general] [and relationships] [and careers] [and friendships] [and material goods] [and accolades]:

"Anything worth having is worth working for."

What about you? What do you/would you tell your kids?


2 comments:

  1. I hope everything works out with your race, the dramas, and the good thing coming up!!
    Oh my- how cute are your kids on their first day of pre-school?! So adorable. And I love the message you want to send them in life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh drama. How I hate it. I tend to contribute what I can to moving things in a forward direction and when I can no longer do so, just step away. As hard as it is. I hope yours works out really soon!

    I just want my kid to be a critical thinker. I want her to walk her own path because it is the path she chooses. Influenced by those around her, but not defined. I think she's well on her way!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...