Saturday, April 13, 2013

Mid term weight loss goal

For some reason this week, I hit a weight loss goal I haven't been able to hit in a few years! 

I got under 160. 

That's 10 pounds less than I was when I ran the Philadelphia half last Fall, which was the most I've ever weighed (outside of pregnancy.)

Again, feeling empowered, like after my #bestrun, I think, the sky's the limit! 

I would LOVE to get down to 150 again. 

It has been since my wedding, 8 1/2 years ago. 

I knew I needed to get lean for this tri season, and stepping up to the plate of the Half-Ironman was going to take some big changes - so this is a good great one - to start with!

Oh HOW??
  • Hubby has lost a lot of weight recently and it inspired me to go along with him. We basically stopped engorging ourselves at every possible opportunity - and if I find myself munching on the kids' dinner, I don't eat a second dinner with him. He has been working out sometimes twice a day - even if only 20 minutes at a time - and making better food choices.
  • Oh yeah, and myfitnesspal is my friend again - I used it all last year and didn't net a single pound!! So I started thinking, it must be me. I must be doing something wrong. Be my friend! I'm twynmawrmom, bien sur...
  • The weather started getting nicer and keeping me and the kids more active rather than stuck indoors with all the snacky snacks. 
  • Without hubby home the last two weeks during quarter end, I've not been drinking as much alcohol, and was sometimes motivated to fit in a workout at night.
So I told hubby we have reached our 'mid-term weight loss goals' in a sense, since we both have lost at least half of what we would ultimately like to see, and he said 
"you get an A!"
haha - he knows I'm a nerd like that - I love it!


So it didn't totally break my confidence this morning when my pants *split* on the inside thigh!! Hello - chub rub!! I guess these pants were still mad about the 8 miles earlier this week. Well, good riddance! I can't have you slowing me down this season, cotton capris. 

Mama's gonna need some more spandex...

Do you get lean for training season? What are your goals?


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the long run and the weight loss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on the weight loss. I don't weigh myself often. Its a battle. I know in high training season I will lose some pounds, in base season i gain some pounds. I try not to freak out about it, and sometimes am more successful than others.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...